Employment Opportunities at Beneteau America's sales & marketing office in Annapolis, MD
Date: May 8 2015
Beneteau, one of the world's leading boat builders, is continuing to develop on the powerboat market, expanding its reach into North and South America, while maintaining its leadership on the sailboats market.
Our portfolio of recreational brands includes Swift Trawler, Gran Turismo, Monte Carlo and Barracuda for power boats; Oceanis, Sense and First for sailboats.
We are seeking a tradeshow coordinator to join the Beneteau America team effective June 1st 2015.
The Tradeshow Coordinator will work closely with our sales & marketing team to provide support for boat shows and other events (50+ events annually) to ensure successful execution. This includes assisting with logistical planning of large tradeshows throughout the Americas as well as supporting smaller events and meetings.
We’re looking for a true team player who is willing to roll up his or her sleeves and do manual labor to help make it all happen when necessary! We'll also look for the trade show coordinator to remain current on new trends in exhibit design and leads generation.
This position will report to the Marketing Director. It is based in Annapolis, MD and will require up to 40% travels.
- Coordinate logistics and deliverables for trade shows. Logistics can include: booking booth and meeting space, managing permits, credentials, contracts and payments, managing housing, packing and shipping of exhibition material to/from the warehouse.
- Travel to and support onsite execution and management of key events, including show set-up and take-down.
- Manage key aspects of the Beneteau presentation: safety, professionalism, cleanliness, timeliness, visual appeal while meeting the Beneteau brand guidelines, lighting, climate control, protection of boats and materials.
- Develop/improve and apply Beneteau’s trade show policies and procedures with the support and input of both the Marketing Director locally and tradeshow team in France.
- Manage hiring and training of temporary staff.
- Establish new (and nurture existing) relationship with vendors, e.g. show managers, printers, etc., to ensure timely, cost-effective execution.
- Monitor inventory levels of marketing items available on Spare Parts and place orders as needed.
- Manage, maintain, and recommend continuous improvements for all booth properties and convention assets.
- Manage other events schedule including working with dealerships on local events, fulfilling logistical requests and supporting them with reminders of key deadlines for signage and literature.
- Ensure the integrity of the Beneteau brand is respected throughout the dealer network at all boat shows and dealer events such as open house, rendezvous, and regattas.
- Assist with hospitality events and dealer events at the Paris boat show, Dealer Convention, and other sales training venues.
- Review co-op requests for dealer events and prepare them for approval and payment; assessing level of professionalism, applying co-op rules, and ensuring proper record-keeping.
- Assist in creation and send of pre-show and post-show communications.
- Track expenses and ROI in spreadsheets and assist in complete financial reconciliation.
- Ensure processing of show leads in CRM system and distribution to sales force.
- Maintain show schedules, project checklist and processes through exhibit management templates.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent & at least three (3) years of trade show experience, preferably in the marine industry.
- Familiarity with boat handling preferred.
- Driver’s license required.
- Manufacturing, dealership, sales & marketing experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up, budgeting, and time management skills.
- Adept at handling multiple complex projects simultaneously under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of marketing communications and graphics helpful.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (including strong knowledge of Excel).
- Willing to travel up to 40% domestically to organize events as needed (the number travel days will vary each month; the schedule is busiest in early fall & winter). May include international travel as well as travel on some evenings and weekends.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Onsite duties may require bending, walking, or standing for an extended period of time.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and Beneteau America offers a comprehensive employee benefits package (paid time off, health insurance, short term disability, 401K) – along with the opportunity to thrive within a great team!
Send your application along with salary requirements to: sail at beneteau.com
Equal Opportunity Employer | Drug-Free, Tobacco-Free workplace
Employment Opportunities at Beneteau Group Manufacturing (BGM) America in Marion, SC
BGM is always interested in talking to motivated, high quality, exceptional, production crafts people (such as cabinet makers, experienced gel coaters, laminators, etc) and professional supervisors/managers in all boat building disciplines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug-Free, Tobacco-Free workplace